UPDATE: The airdrop is complete. The collection is verified. Skins can be viewed, bought and sold. Thanks for your patience!
Skins have long been anticipated as a way to make your racehorse the pride of the ZED RUN tracks, inspiring envy and admiration alike.
Well now we’re almost there – skins are coming.
NASCAR ZED Pass Winners
As part of this skins update, we’re delighted to announce that the first batch of NASCAR ZED RUN Passes have been delivered, and they will be accompanied by a NASCAR skin later this week.
We will be airdropping these 100 NASCAR ZED Passes to the winners’ wallets on November 7th (UTC). The skins will follow on November 12th (UTC).
As a reminder, the second batch of NASCAR ZED Pass winners will be drawn at the commencement of NASCAR’s 2022 season, at which time we’ll be launching the next campaign to celebrate the kickoff. More details on these to come.
We’re delighted to announce that we have an official timeline for skins, as follows:
At 4:00am on November 10, 2021 (UTC):
We will be taking a snapshot of all the wallets that hold a ZED Pass – Edition One – NASCAR (“NASCAR PASS”). The Nascar skin NFTs will be dropped to these wallets on November 12 (UTC). If your wallet does not hold a NASCAR PASS at the time of the snapshot, you will not receive a Nascar skin NFT. There are five different NASCAR skin NFTs, which will be randomly dropped, each with a different level of rarity:
November 12 (UTC)
NASCAR skin airdrop
- We’ll be airdropping NASCAR skins into the wallets of those users who are due to receive a skin
Skin separation: Preakness, Atari, and Stella Artois
- We will be separating your racehorse from its Preakness, Atari or Stella Artois skin. This will involve airdropping a separate themed skin NFT, and returning your racehorse to its natural skin, so you will have a separate racehorse NFT and skin NFT
- These skins will be separate NFTs that can be bought and sold on OpenSea
- OpenSea will display badges on ZED RUN racehorse listings to make a clear distinction between whether you are viewing an individual skin NFT, a skin NFT and racehorse NFT together, or an individual racehorse NFT
- Make sure you hold onto your racehorses that entitle you to a separate skin NFT until you’ve received the skin
Late November to Early December
- We will be prompting all stable owners to upgrade to new racehorse NFT contracts in order to support the benefits of having the ability to attach and detach skins from racehorses.
- Owners of skin NFTs will be able to attach and detach these from racehorses
- Skins attached with racehorses will be available to view across the ZED RUN platform, including in 3D races
Can we use our skins straight away?
You won’t be able to attach and detach the skins from your racehorses, or view the skins in 3D races, until late December.
When can I buy and sell skins on OpenSea?
You’ll be able to sell your skins, as well as purchase other skins, immediately after we’ve airdropped the skins to users. OpenSea listings will also display badges on ZED RUN racehorse listings to make a clear distinction between skin only, skin and racehorses, and racehorse only.
Will the skins be part of the ZED RUN verified collection on OpenSea?
Yes, so make sure you only buy from this verified collection with the blue tick.
Will skins be bought and sold on the Ethereum network or Polygon?
Skins will be sold on the Polygon network.
How do I apply my skin to a racehorse?
More information about attaching and detaching skins from racehorses will be published in December when that option becomes available.
What does this mean if I own a Preakness, Atari or Stella Artois racehorse?
It means we’ll be detaching the skin from that racehorse and delivering it to your wallet as a separate NFT, so you can buy, sell and use it as you like.
Will I be able to attach my Preakness, Atari or Stella Artois skin to any of my racehorses that I want?
Yes, you can attach your skin to any of your racehorses.
Do I get a racehorse with my NASCAR skin?
No, the NASCAR skins do not come with a racehorse.
How are the different rarities of NASCAR skin being distributed?
All NASCAR ZED Pass owners have an equal opportunity of receiving each rarity level of skin.
What’s the future utility of the NASCAR ZED pass?
These NASCAR skins are just the beginning when it comes to utility from the NASCAR ZED Passes. There is a lot more to come, so stay tuned!
How can I see my skin?
Right now you’ll be able to see the skin on websites such as OpenSea and you can also see the NFT on explorers like Polygonscan under your current ERC721 assets. You’ll be able to see your skin on the ZED RUN platform itself by late December.
What are alternatives to MetaMask if I don’t have it?
MetaMask is not required to view your skin – as long as you have a public address you’ll be able to get the skin. Any other wallet provider can work, Trust Wallet, blockchain .com, etc.
If I create a MetaMask wallet, can I merge my magic account to MetaMask?
Unfortunately this is not currently an option.
I have a magic account and can’t see my skin, what do I do?
Please contact our support team and they will guide you through the necessary steps.
Join the Fun 🐎
Head over to ZED RUN to buy your very own digital racehorse and join one of our fast-growing social channels below.