- ZED Token Teaser: Follow @ZEDToken for updates.
- Twitter Spaces: ZED RUN chats with Rarible.
- NASCAR NFT Collectible Airdrop: PASS holders - check your wallets.
- Conditional Racing Recap: Tournament winners.
- Product/UX Updates: Bug fix, Torus wallet, racing timeouts, daily tournament update.
- Hottest Racehorse in ZED?: Shade Oppressor wins first 11 races.
- ‘ZED of Origin’: PonyRun community-led tournament.
- Little Wishes Update: Is someone cutting onions in here?
- Lucky Jack: Lucky Maiden racehorse wins Maiden Stakes.
ZED Token Teaser
If you’re not following @ZEDToken on Twitter, you definitely should be! All ZED Token related news and announcements can be found there.
Twitter Spaces with Rarible
On June 2, Virtually Human Studio, Co-founder and Creative Director, Chris Ebeling and CTO, Jason Melo joined Deborah Won from Rarible for a Twitter Spaces as part of Rarible’s week-long celebration of blockchain gaming and fast transactions. Listen in.
NASCAR PASS NFT Collectible Airdrop
Check your wallets, NASCAR ZED PASS holders! At 12:01 am UTC on May 27 there was a snapshot taken of all NASCAR ZED PASS holders. Everyone that held a PASS at the time of the snapshot has received an exclusive NFT designed by the ZED RUN creative team in coordination with NASCAR.
There is still so much in store for NASCAR ZED PASS holders this year. To get in on the exclusive prize pools and benefits purchase a pass here.
ZED RUN x Gelato Network
Our friends at Gelato recently shared a breakdown of their work to successfully automate the breeding of over 11,000 racehorses in ZED RUN. Gelato has helped ZED RUN move breeding on-chain, a process that will allow it to scale as the platform grows. Read more about the news on their Medium blog.
Conditional Racing Update
Conditional racing is in full swing, with two tournaments taking place last week. The fun is just beginning, with events scheduled to occur twice a week throughout June. Review the full conditional tournament schedule here.
Product and UX Updates
- Did you know that you can receive race start reminder notifications? Visit the My Stable > Settings > Notifications > Toggle your preferences.
- A bug fix was implemented to limit the ability of racehorses with less than 80 per cent stamina from downclassing.
- One-step log-in via the social wallet Torus is now live. Anyone can sign-up to play ZED RUN using their social credentials.
- Racing timeouts are live. Long standing races will automatically be cancelled, racehorses returned to stables and entry fees to wallets.
- Beginning June 6, daily tournaments start at 12am UTC on their respective day, rather than 10pm UTC the previous day.
‘Shade Oppressor’ Wins First 11 Races
A racehorse starting its career with 11-straight wins is exactly what Shade Oppressor – a newly bred Z4 Nakamoto owned by H-Oasis Stables – has recently accomplished. “It’s been a roller coaster of emotions,” H-Oasis Stables says. “I’m just trying to take it all in and decide on what to do next.”
While a bit surprised, H-Oasis says the results Shade Oppressor has seen were not a happy accident, but that of hard work and patience.
“When it came time to breed with the best marathon racehorses in my stable Minty Fresh, I used an assortment of third-party tools to focus on potential partners with high place percentage, fire percentage, and speed,” H-Oasis says. The search lasted weeks, with Nakamoto Genesis racehorses that have over 300 wins on their resume the focus.
“I’d like to thank ZED RUN, its Discord and Twitter community for their help in giving me ideas, analysis, and honest opinions,” H-Oasis says. “Everyone has made me feel so welcome and part of the community. I truly appreciate it.”
‘ZED of Origin’
Beginning June 8, PonyRun kicks-off the ‘ZED of Origin’ community-led racing event in honour of the IRL State of Origin Australian rugby series. An annual best-of-three between two Australian state representative sides, the New South Wales Blues and the Queensland Maroons.
Like the real thing, the PonyRun ZED RUN tournament features two teams squaring off in a three-race most-points wins format. Each team will be composed of 18 community members.
Little Wishes Update
This is why we say the ZED RUN community is the best there is.
Just a few weeks ago, Avon Fields Stables, Pony Zook, and members of the ZED RUN community conducted a 24-hour F*CK Cancer charity stream in support of Little Wishes. Their efforts raised over $10,000, and as evidenced in a video the team shared with the community, the good coming from those generous donations is already making a difference in some children’s lives.
A massive thank you to everyone involved. ZED Headz forever.
Lucky Jack’s ‘Lucky Maiden’ Wins the Maiden Stakes
It’s Maiden Madness out there! Last week, A Different Breed Racing won the Maiden Stakes with a racehorse they won in a giveaway from Lucky Jack stables inaugural, community-led Lucky Maiden tournament.
Received as an unknown from LuckyJack, A Different Breed Racing says they didn’t know what to expect from the racehorse. “As Lucky Maiden progressed through the tournament I was glued to the screen,” A Different Breed Racing says.
“I thoroughly enjoyed watching her cross the finish line first in the Midrunners A Final. It was probably the most serendipitous result I've seen here and one more reason to love this game!”
Read more about the tournaments put forth by Lucky Jack and Zombie Racing here or follow them on Twitter.